NewsCO.com.au – Uber lodges appeal over London ban

October 13, 2017

UberImage copyright
Reuters

Image –

Some 3.5 million passengers and 40,000 drivers use the Uber app in London

Uber has filed an appeal against the decision by London authorities to deny it a licence to operate in London.

Last month, Transport for London (TfL) refused Uber a new private hire licence, saying the ride-hailing firm was not fit and proper.

TfL said it took the decision on the grounds of “public safety and security implications”.

The appeal process could take months, during which time Uber can continue to operate in London.

“While we have today filed our appeal so that Londoners can continue using our app, we hope to continue having constructive discussions with Transport for London. As our new CEO [chief executive] has said, we are determined to make things right,” an Uber spokesperson said.

Earlier this month, Uber’s new chief executive Dara Khosrowshahi met Mike Brown, who runs Transport for London.

Uber described those talks as “constructive”, while TfL said the talks “centred on what needs to happen to ensure a thriving taxi and private hire market in London”.

NewsCO.com.au – All News First!

Twitter – @realnewsco

MELBOURNE.GOLD find Gold Class Professional Services & Service Providers

Rochelle Silver – Exclusive Connections Introduction Agency

Exclusive Connections Introduction Agency Melbourne – NewsCO Business of the Month

Superstar.news – Hollywood Gossip News

Flipselfy.com – Buy my selfy at Fljpselfy

LUSH WEDNESDAYS Melbourne Nightclub

Article Categories:
Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *