Miranda Vee, 23, — who had posted claims on Instagram alleging that Mohamed Hadid raped her and Marciano sexually harassed her — spoke to Los Angeles Police detectives on Tuesday night after hiring Lisa Bloom as her attorney.
Bloom exclusively told Page Six of Miranda, “She filed a police report alleging sexual assault against both Paul Marciano and Mohamed Hadid. We went to the LAPD headquarters in downtown Los Angeles.
“We sat with two detectives for about two hours,” Bloom continued. “She answered all of their questions. They asked us not to speak with the press about any of the allegations nor the details.”
Vee, 23, first made her claims about both men after former Guess model Kate Upton blasted Marciano in a social media post on Jan. 31. Upton tweeted: “It’s disappointing that such an iconic women’s brand @GUESS is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director.” Upton added, “He shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women #metoo.”
Marciano has denied Upton’s claim, stating, “I have never touched Kate Upton, I have never been alone with Kate Upton. I have never acted inappropriately towards her.”
Vee shared Upton’s social media post on Instagram on Feb. 1, writing about her own alleged experience in 2017, “It is time people like @paulmarciano &@mohamedhadid get exposed for who they really are!”
She continued, “Met with Paul at his @guess headquarters that is actually a apartment where he sexually harassed me & after that passed me on to his friend [Mohamed] who was going to meet me for ‘coffee’.”
“I thought it was a professional meeting but it was just me, him & champagne where he date raped me in a apartment. All to get a test shoot for guess. LAST year when I [tried] to speak out about it they found out & made me sign a NON-disclosure agreement & I only agreed to sign because paul threatened me & said he would get me disappeared if I ever say anything. #TIMESUP Why should we have to stay quiet because they have the power? #METOO.” Vee has since deleted that statement and made her Instagram private.
Before Vee filed her report with the LAPD, Hadid had denied her Instagram claims. He told Alev Aktar, reporting for the New York Post at Anna Sui’s New York Fashion Week show on Monday — as daughters Bella and Gigi walked the runway — of Vee’s claim, “It’s dead. The story is gone so it’s just a false accusation. I feel they are right [about #metoo] and they should change the culture of any industry. I have four daughters so I am very respectful toward women and I understand all this, but at the same time there are a lot of false accusations that are damaging to certain people. In general, I think that women should stand up and speak out.”
“I’m not here to hurt anyone,” Hadid continued. “Sadly, it’s a false accusation. What do I get out of it? I don’t think I can pursue it for financial gains. My name definitely will clear up. I have kids and I have grandkids and I want to make sure that they know that these are all false accusations.
“I’m not in the business of modeling. I’m not in the industry. I don’t have anyone [models] to hire – ladies – so that’s why I’m very upset with it. She [Vee] kind of followed the #metoo movement for a case that did not exist.”
Hadid had previously said of Vee’s claims, “When we met it was not a date and not once did I touch her,” adding that he would sue for defamation. His attorney Robert Shapiro didn’t return calls on Tuesday.
Reps for Marciano and Guess did not comment Tuesday night despite repeated requests over many days to do so.