newsCO.com.au | California not taking part in enhanced U.S. border security operation | Tweet @newsCOflash

April 16, 2018

@newsCOflash

2018-04-16 19:31:13

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The state of California has opted not to take part in the Trump administration’s effort to send National Guard troops to the country’s southern border with Mexico, a Defense Department official confirmed at a briefing Monday.

Robert Salesses, a deputy assistant secretary at the Defense Department, said California has declined to commit more than 200 troops to the effort. Salesses said talks with California are ongoing. Earlier this month, President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary James Mattis authorized up to 4,000 National Guard personnel to help the Department of Homeland Security secure the border in four southwestern U.S. states.

Reporting by David Shepardson; Editing by Leslie Adler

“The NAIM Code” By Jordan Duran – 2 Books in 1–Buy it On Lulu

“Frank’s Funeral” By Terry London–“Buy It On Amazon.

“newsCO TOP 10 Book Selections”

“Author’s Submit Your Book For Review” – Tweet Us—@newsCOflash

★BOOKr..“Post Your Books For Sale On BOOKr”

★★★★★newsCO★★★★★.

★Jordan Duran-“Master Hypnotherapist & Life Coach – Online, By Phone, In Person – Worldwide.–TnC RAPID Results. End the Hurt–Contact Jordan.

★BLOGr..“Write it On BLOGr The Social Blog”

Girl Collection Fashion—CGFASH

—The New York Guardian

–Follow:

Twitter—@newsCOflash

Twitter—@JordanDuran

Twitter—@BookrVIP

Twitter—@Juevelle

Twitter—@GossBOSSfans

Twitter—@GirlCollection

Twitter—@Checkusin

Checkusin—Cheapest Hotel – Flight Deals Online

newsCO.com.au #1 News in a FLASH – Contact Us

Article Categories:
Top Stories · US & Canada · World

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *